Thursday, February 24, 2011

D-WILL TRADE

By now I think everyone has heard about how Deron Williams learned about his own trade watching Sportscenter. A pretty bad way to treat a player, but the old school franchise of the Utah Jazz were not a team that was going to let a player dominate their franchise. So, without any warning they dealt him.

Well, clearly they are coming away as the loser of this deal, as most teams are when they give away a superstar. Even if Derrick Favors has all the potential in the world (I keep hearing it, I don't see it on the floor) it won't really help, because they have two young guys in the post that I don't see Utah giving up anytime soon.



Those two players are Paul Millsap and Al Jefferson (who they stole from the Timberwolves). Both of these guys are talented big men of the future. So, I think that if Favors does eventually improve, he may even leave Utah in a deal before his career is done.

At the same time, the ray of hope is Devin Harris. This poor kid is not wanted anywhere. First in Washington, they immediately trade him to Dallas, where he was essentially trade bait for his entire career there. Finally he lands in Jersey where he becomes an All-Star and then suffers an entire year of hearing that he is going to Denver. I hope he suddenly goes off in Utah (which I think could easily be the case).

Unfortunately Utah is in complete disarray after Sloan left. The draft picks will help rebuild but honestly I thought that D-Will would be a staple in Salt Lake City for his entire career. I do wish him luck in Jersey though, I really enjoy watching him play and I think he was by far the best player dealt in the past week.

No comments:

Post a Comment